With the tagline of “Invented for life”, Bosch has been a pioneer in manufacturing innovative and valuable power tools and accessories from last century. The factors that attributed to the success of Bosch are its use of latest technology and manufacturing over 100 products every year to lead the market. PS21-2A is the latest impact driver in the list of compact pocket drivers. It is an upgraded version of earlier model PS21, with almost double the power and shorter nose.
- COMPACT: The Bosch PS41-2A 12V impact driver offers the shortest head-length of its class at 5.4 in, making it the ideal driver for tight corners and small working spaces
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 2.1 lbs the PS41-2A reduces user fatigue for longer periods of time and during overhead work
- POWER: Despite its small size, the PS41-2A driver delivers 930 in.-lbs. of max torque. The tool can also produce a no-load BPM of 0-3,100 and a max 2,600 RPM
- LONGEVITY: With a built-in fuel gauge the Bosch PS41-2A allows for easier battery management for continued work and longer use
- CONVENIENT: The Bosch PS41-2A hex impact driver kit comes complete with 2 lithium-ion batteries, a BC330 charger, 2 screwdriver bits, and a carrying bag. It also has an LED light ring to help illuminate dark working areas
- Power: This Bosch drill kit includes a powerful 12 volt drill driver with up to 1,300 RPM and a 12 volt driver with up to 2,600 RPM
- Compact: The lightweight design of the PS31-2A drill driver is ideal for easy handling in overhead operations and tight spaces and the PS41-2A impact driver offers the precision of variable speed, a light-body, and a short-head length
- Control and visibility: The Bosch cordless drill is easy to handle in tight, narrow spaces, and three integrated LED lights mounted around the head of the driver enable high performance in low-light settings
- Durability: Robust and compact with lightweight design, the drill impact driver combo kit is built to last and backed by a three year protection plan
- Convenient: Drill kit includes: 12V Max 3/8 inch drill driver (PS31-2A); 12V Max impact driver (PS41-2A); 2 batteries, 30 minute charger and soft carrying case
- Versatile two-in-one impact driver and impact wrench design – features a versatile hex shank with power Groove and a socket drive
- Powerful EC Brushless motor – delivers a max of 1, 800 Inches -Ibs. of torque and up to 4, 200 IPM for professional power
- CORE18V battery – provides next-gen li-ion 21700 Cell technology in a lightweight, high-power battery with optimal performance
- Electronic cell and motor protection – helps protect the tool and battery from overloading conditions
- Half driver, half wrench – features a 1/4 Inches quick-change hex shank with power Groove and a 1/2 Inches square drive, for using either bits or sockets
- Power: Despite its small size, the included Bosch PS41 driver delivers 930 in pounds of max torque. The tool can also produce a no load BPM of 0 3,100 and a max 2,600 RPM
- Efficient: Compact but powerful, the PS41 can cover 80 percentage of standard size impact driver applications
- Torque: The included Bosch PS21 pocket driver delivers 265 inch pounds of max torque. It offers two speeds, 0 350 RPM and 0 1,300 RPM allowing users to match speed to the application
- Tough: Both included tools are compact and lightweight with enough Power to take on professional driver applications
- Control: Along with power and speed, users can expect more control with this combo kit. Both tools feature variable speed triggers for matching speed to the application
- Compact Impactor design for increased maneuverability in tight spaces and extended comfort
- Electronic Cell Protection (ECP) unique battery pack design and customized electronics to deliver optimal battery life and performance
- Built-in LED light - great for dark corners or enclosed areas
- Designed hammer and anvil system produces 1,500 In./Lbs. of dynamic torque
- Battery and charger sold separately
Perfect for a variety of drilling and driving applications with multiple speed options and clutch settings to set. Modular and compact, the size is just right to work in any confined space with ease. Ideal for professional carpenter, workshops, electricians and home jobs, the Bosch PS21-2A is equipped with latest features to vouch for. You can also read our guide on best cordless impact wrench.
Benefits of Bosch PS21-2A 2-speed Pocket Driver
- Compact: The Bosch PS21 2A 12V Pocket Driver Offers the Shortest Head Length of Its Class at 5.6 Inch Making It the Ideal Driver for Tight Corners and Small Working Spaces; at Only 1.4 Pounds It Reduces User Fatigue for Longer Periods of Time
- Power: Despite its small size, the PS21 2A driver delivers 265 inch pound of max torque; It offers two speeds, 0 350 RPM and 0 1,300 RPM allowing users to match speed to the application
- Control: With 20+1 clutch setting, the Bosch pocket driver allows users to have more control
- Efficient: The PS21 2A is easy to use with a forward and revers switch to help with speedy screw removal
- Convenient: The PS21 2A driver kit includes 2 12V Max lithium ion batteries, a 12V max charger, 2 1 1/2 in driver bits, and a carrying bag. It also has a built in LED light to help illuminate dark working areas
The Bosch PS21-2A is beneficial to those who work in overhead spaces or any other tight corners where traditional impact drivers are difficult to use. This impact driver is not only smaller in size, but is also equipped with LED lighting to let you work in areas with poor lighting.
With Bosch PS21-2A, you are able to do precise screw driving since you have the option of 10+1 clutch settings to choose from. The bit holder of the impact driver is not only solid but also lets you clamp any common bit sizes used in your task. Another advantage of using this universal pocket driver is that you can select the speed from 2 options provided and is much faster than other impact drivers available in the same category of other brands.
The impact driver is powered by long lasting Lithium-Ion batteries which have a higher run-time as compared to Ni-Cd batteries. The batteries have quick recharging capability with full charging in thirty minutes’ duration. Unlike other batteries, these batteries do not get discharged due to inbuilt cell protection system.
Features of Bosch PS21-2A Pocket Driver
Power and Speed
The Bosch PS21-2A is able to deliver 265 Inch-pounds of torque despite being so compact in size. The impact driver delivers a high torque which is almost 25% more than its competitors. There are 2 ranges of speed to select from. 1st speed range is 0-350 RPM and 2nd range is 0 to 1300 RPM, which is far better than other pocket drivers available in the market. The pocket delivers the power, sufficient to drill metal and wood without any hassles.
For high precision in work quality, variable speed trigger is provided to change the speed of the motor according to the job demands. A control button is provided to change the reverse and forward operation to loosen or fastening jobs. For fast and continuous screwing job, a break control is provided to stop the motor. Torque adjustments are provided right on the front of drill for easy control. The 10+1 clutch settings prevent the application of over torque on sensitive material and with MAX settings, you are able to drill small holes with great accuracy and control.
The Bosch uses the precise technology that makes the handling of this pocket driver as comfortable as possible. The handle is ergonomically designed with ultra-soft grip to let you work for longer periods without any complaints. The bit change is quite easy with a click-change functionality and the bits are completely secured due to magnetized chuck, adding another comfort level to its operation.
Having just 1.8 pounds of weight and 5.6 Inches of length, the Bosch pocket driver is ready to work in any confined space, overhead tasks and can be operated at any angle on the job. The driver can be carried in a pocket or tied to tool belt in case you want to move from one working place to another. Due to its compact size, the pocket driver from Bosch takes the minimum, space upon its storage.
High charging capacity
The Bosch cordless drill is powered by most efficient Lithium Ion batteries, available to date. The lithium Ion batteries deliver longer charge retention and faster charging.
The cordless impact drill is covered under Pro-vantage guarantee under which you get one year of replacement warranty and repair warranty for the next two years. The batteries are also covered under this plan under which you get full 2-year battery replacement warranty.
- Torque: 265 In-pounds
- LED light: Yes
- No Load speed: 1300 RPM
- Voltage: 12V
- Power Type: Battery
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Warranty: 3-years
- Compact and Lightweight design equipped with LEDs, ideal for operating the driver in restricted and dark places.
- Despite small in size, the Bosch impact driver offers high torque in its class of pocket drivers.
- Option to select low or high gears depending upon the fast pace for light jobs or drilling on heavy materials.
- Easy to hold and carry due to small size and firm gripping.
- Better control due to variable speed trigger.
- The Bosch cordless drill comes with 2 number of battery packs and a fast charger.
- The 3-year warranty includes a 30-day money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the performance.
The pocket driver does not come with a closed chuck so there might be little problem in using standard bits otherwise the driver works with all the bits that have a hexagonal base.
The Bosch cordless drill is a power drill that is light in weight, maintains a good balance in the hand and easy on the pocket. This Bosch PS21-2A Pocket Driver can be used by any gender or age group owing to its compactness and multi-control features. Buying this pocket driver from Bosch is highly recommended.
My review and recommendation
Installation, Warranty, maintenance
Out of total 320 Amazon buyers of Bosch Impact Driver, around 92% of them, have rated it with 4-5 stars. Here is our recommendation for this stunning product