A Cordless Impact Wrench is not a revolution but an evolution, to say in the field of power tools. The impact wrench has been found to be a great utility tool in the field of the automobile industry, construction sites, maintenance of machines, service industry and many home DIY or repair chores. Fastening or removing of nuts and bolts with conventional tools is not only time-consuming and sometimes awkward but may cause injury to the persons on the job. This problem is faced by hobbyists and professionals worldwide along with many other operational issues.
Impact tools have made fastening or refitting jobs simple and time-saving. With powerful impact tools, you can apply adequate force, as per the demand of job since you can adjust the torque on the wrench itself. The impact wrench can reach the confined places which are otherwise hard to reach manually, thus saving a lot of time and effort.
An impact wrench works on the principle of torque or force. The power supply drives the motor which rotates the hammer and provides necessary torque spike to the output shaft for fastening or loosening the nut/bolt. The power supplied to the motor can be from various sources like air, a battery or electricity.
Impact wrenches come in two varieties: corded (either via electricity or air) or cordless (powered by a battery).
Both wired and cordless wrenches have their own advantages depending upon the applications and situations. Wired or pneumatic wrenches can be used only in particular locations where you already have a setup air compressors and all the associated wiring. But if you want to use the wrench in different locations, say in a garage or parking area, you can have the convenience and control in your hands powered by battery packs.
Other benefits of cordless impact wrenches are:
- Much quieter than another type of wrenches.
- Capable of driving and fastening jobs at any time and at any place.
- Users are able to save a lot of time as they can complete the jobs in lesser time due to high torque speed of impact wrenches.
- Easy to operate. Both professionals and amateurs can use cordless impact wrenches with ease.
- Cordless wrenches can be used in places which are difficult to reach by other wired wrenches.
- Cordless Impact Wrenches are often more affordable than Wired Impact Wrenches
- Heavy duty powerful motor produces 300 ft. /lb. Max torque, with a no-load speed of 0 to 3000 RPM and impact frequency of 0 to 3500 BPM to deliver high performance on tough sockets, bolts, and lug nuts
- Have total control over the torque delivery of the impact wrench with the variable speed trigger and easily accessible forward and reverse switch at the side of the head
- Ergonomic gun body features a belt hook at the base for easy carrying, A rubber surface handle for excellent grip, and a rubberized boot at the helm of the square drive for protection and durability
- Don't worry about cords; The impact wrench is battery powered and features an energy indicator light that displays if the battery is at 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25%
- The Neiko impact wrench comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion 20V 4. 0 Ah battery, a 2. 4A ETL approved fast Charger, 4 square drive to socket adapters (17 mm, 3/4-inch, 21mm, 7/8-inch) and a sturdy storage case to keep organized and portable
- Powerful & Superior Performance - With powerful motor, this impact wrench delivers 185 ft-lbs of max torque for fastening various applications; Maximum no load speed of 2,200 RPM for driving large fasteners quickly.
- Meet Your Needs - Suitable for tightening or loosening nuts and bolts, automotive repair, body shop maintenance and other applications.
- Variable Speed & 3 Bright Led Light - Variable speed trigger provides you with added control while in use. Bright LED lights allow you see more clearly in the dark working areas.
- Compact Size & Comfortable Grip - At only 3.3 pounds, this compact wrench can get into tighter area and reduces user fatigue. Textured anti-slip rubber handle provides maximum comfort while in use.
- What's Included - A cordless impact wrench, 4Pcs driver impact sockets, tool bag, 20V Max Lithium-ion battery with real-time capacity indicator and USB output, charger, user manual, warranty card and US based customer support.
- 【Upgrage to KIMO Brushless】Thanks to the 25 years of technology accumulation at power tool and Li-ion battery, KIMO brushless power tool is in the world's leading position. Compare with other brands', KIMO brushless impact wrench produces less heat after long-time use, the cool tool body and li-ion battery easily satisfy your working, meanwhile NO smoking or spark! Even as an amateur or women, you'll drive it pretty easily.
- 【3000 in-lbs Brute Power, 3600 IBM】KIMO 20V brushless impact wrench has a useful balance of size, weight, and features. The compact head design makes it easier to access tight places, 1/2" square driver is more motivated in tough work. Features with 3000 in-lbs torque and 3600 IPM, KIMO electric wrench can easily unscrew the rusty nuts and bolts on the farm or garage equipment. 2-speed mode and up to 3000 RPM will save your time dealing with any hard work.
- 【Premium Brake-stop】New and amazing technology is equipped in KIMO cordless impact wrench that will protect your nuts/bolts from falling or damage after loosen. You might have seen that before but they don't provide practiced good experience except. When in Reverse-Mode, the brake-stop will active and will backs off the speed and the torque once a nut or bolt breaks loose, to protect the nut/bolt from flying to nowhere to catch.
- 【25% more! Proudly Present KIMO Li-ion Technology】For over 25 years, KIMO has made great progress in the 1,000-Charging Cycle Test that guarantees each KIMO battery is more powerful and lasting longer than those also-rans. Plus a brushless motor, the battery life can be extended by 25%! You don't have to change the battery frequently anymore, so you can save some time to fill yourself with your DIY work. Go with KIMO, and accomplish more than you ever expected!
- 【Convenience!】Besides the safety and power of the KIMO impact wrench, the convenience is another reason to opt KIMO. Comes with 8 impact sockets(8,9,10,11,12,13mm) and 3 extension bars(3,5,10 inch), you can start the work right away without extra cost or time to waste. Based on lots of researches on power wrench, KIMO packs the most convenient and durable accessories to deal with any situation. KIMO handy bag is prepared for storing all your tools, large capacity, durable, and easy to carry on.
- Provides maximum productivity by removing stubborn and high torque fasteners up to 2X faster than the competition
- Most compact cordless High Torque Impact Wrench in its class at 8.39" in length
- Industry leading 4-mode drive control with bolt removal mode, allowing for ultimate control.
- REDLINK PLUS intelligence prevents damage to the tool and battery due to overloading or overheating
- REDLITHIUM batteries deliver more work per charge and more work over the life of the battery
- Dcf902 12V max* Brushless 3/8 in. Impact wrench is 30% shorter**
- Brushless motor for maximum runtime and durability
- 3/8 in. Square drive
- 3 mode settings including Precision Wrench trade; for control in a variety of applications
- 3 LED lights for illumination onto work surface
- Powerful motor produces 260 feet pounds of torque for heavy applications
- Maximum of 1,650 rpm's for driving large fasteners quickly
- 1/2 Inch hog ring for quick and easy socket changes
- Full variable speed trigger for precision control
- Pro grade lithium battery for maximum performance
- Compact and Powerful: With powerful motor, this 20V impact wrench delivers 320ft pounds of max torque and max 3200rpm speed, allows you to tighten or loosen various nuts and bolts easily. Max no load speed is 2100 rpm for driving large fasteners quickly.
- Infinitely variable speeds: Infinitely variable speeds control is possible with the On/Off switch. The further you push the switch, the higher the speed of the impact wrench. Once release the switch, the tool stop immediately, provides more security.
- Fast Charger&Power Indicator: Rechargeable 20V 2.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack allow the tool work longer. Power Indicator remind charger in time. Fully charged in only 1 hours with the matched WORKPRO fast charger.
- Wide Application: Impact wrench with 1/2'' chuck can be used for automotive repairs, major construction projects, heavy equipment maintenance, or product assembly. The 3 LED lamps illuminate the work area, allow to use in darkness.
- What you get: 1* Cordless Impact Wrench, 1* 20V 2.0Ah Battery pack, 1* Fast Charger, 1* Belt Clip, 1* User Manual.
- 400 feet pounds of maximum torque to perform a wide range of heavy duty fastening applications
- XR Li Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide 33 percent more capacity over standard packs
- Variable speed trigger with electric brake provides user improved control
- Anvil Type: Detent Pin. Impacts per minute is 0 2300
- 3000RPM Impact Rate: Copper motor delivers 1602In-lbs (133.5 ft-lbs) max torque and 3000RPM impact rate. Cordless impact wrench can effortlessly loosen any lug nut.
- 1/2’’Quick Release Chuck: Magnetic nut drivers and 1/2’’hex chuck provide maximum durability and tightness for bits. Lightweight and compact in size.
- Free Your Hands: Keep this impact wrench around with belt clip, available to attend to other tasks. Front led light allows working in dark and tight area.
- Meet Your Needs: Rotary switch for tightening or loosening nuts and bolts. Apply to automotive repairs, major construction projects, heavy equipment maintenance, or product assembly and other applications.
- What You Get: 1*cordless impact wrench; 1*20V 2.0Ah battery; 1*charger; 4*impact sockets (1/2’’, 5/8’’, 3/4’’, 7/8’’); 1*belt clip; 1*user manual.
- Up to 330 ft lbs max of fastening torque at only 3.48lbs
- Features precision wrench control. In forward the tool will pause before impacting to help prevent overtightening. In reverse the tool lowers speed when fastener is loose to help prevent run off
- 3 mode settings to complete a variety of applications
- Dewalt built Brushless motor for increased efficiency and runtime vs. Brushed DEWALT DCF894B 20V max* XR 1/2 in. Mid range cordless impact wrench with detent pin anvil (tool only)
- Variable speed trigger helps to provide speed control
Factors to consider when picking a Cordless Impact Wrench
You’re not going to buy a new impact wrench very often (knock on wood). In fact, if you buy wisely, an impact wrench may last you a lifetime.
We have compiled a list of parameters to consider to help you in buying the cordless Impact wrench for home or work. These tips have been created after a thorough research on latest impact tools available in the market and are guidelines to make a final decision in picking a good impact wrench.
Torque is the force that causes the rotation. The higher the torque, the higher the rotation speed of the output shaft and less time will be consumed to finish the job. Always look for an impact wrench with higher torque ratings and a torque adjustment control since some jobs might need lesser torque speed than others.
The motor is the heart of any impact wrench. The impact wrenches come with either brush-DC motors or brushless DC motors. The BLDC (brushless DC) motors are more versatile and have a longer work life. Although they are costlier as compared to brush motors, they are more accurate, lightweight, low maintenance, low noise, and high speed.
Most impact wrenches weigh around 6-8 lbs. This may not sound like a lot but can start to feel like a LOT after some time. So always check the weight while shortlisting any impact wrench. Lighter will almost always be more comfortable to use but often comes at the expense of a smaller motor.
Design and Handling
Comfortable handling of a impact wrench is an important feature to look for. Have a close look at the handle grip, the material of grip and (if possible) try holding the wrench to check the grip and comfort. A good grip will give better control.
Cordless impact wrenches are available in various drive sizes. Depending on your job requirements, you can pick from ½”, ¼”, ¾”, 3/8” drive sizes. And remember, smaller the size, lower will be torque.
Different companies offer a different warranty on their tools. The number of years covered under warranty can be 1, 2 or 3 years. More recognized brand names also typically offer more hassle-free warranties opposed to smaller brands.
Best Cordless Impact Wrenches 2019 Reviews
- Superior performance: Delivers up to 700 ft-lbs of maximum fastening torque, up to 1,100 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque and up to 2X more runtime
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: Outpowers competitors yet runs cooler with no wearable components
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: allows the operator to choose between 2 fastening modes with Milwaukees proprietary DRIVE CONTROL feature.
- REDLITHIUM XC 4.0 Battery Pack: Provides superior pack construction, electronics and performance to deliver 2X more runtime
- 1/2 Inch Anvil with friction ring for fast, easy socket changes
This ½” battery powered impact wrench from Milwaukee is a capable impact wrench both in robustness and precision in quality. It is capable of delivering a maximum torque of 100ft-lbs and 700ft-lbs in different selectable modes, which is outstanding. The Milwaukee impact wrench is ergonomically designed and provides perfect handling comfort to work for longer durations without any fatigue to arm or hand.
This powerful impact wrench is manufactured by Milwaukee which is industry-leader in manufacturing heavy duty power tools and hand tools since 1924. Milwaukee Impact wrench runs on Lithium-ion batteries which have around 40% more power than Ni-Cd batteries. Milwaukee’s engineering team, right from the designing part to final delivery has always taken care of customer’s feedback about the product. This has led the Milwaukee to deliver the best impact wrenches which are crafted according to customers’ needs.
The customers’ feedback about the tool is positive with no glaring defects found in this cordless wrench. Designed in red color, the tool comes nicely out of the packing with pleasing looks and ready to fasten or remove those stubborn rusty nuts. The Milwaukee cordless impact wrench is a clear leader in terms of features and price.
The impact wrench comes with a dependable 5-year warranty. With the toughness of tool and quality of its motor, this impact wrench is capable of avoiding wear and tear for years. The Cordless impact wrench 2763-22 M18 is reliable, durable and stature to find itself on the top of the list and is a fine pick in any professional’s toolkit.
- Compact (5.70" front to back), lightweight (3.4 lbs) design fits into tight areas
- Three (3) LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
- Hog ring anvil to easily change sockets
- XR Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- No Load Speed-0-2,300 rpm; Impacts/Min-0-2,700 ipm
This impact wrench is KIGHT. The Dewalt SCF883M2 has a weight of just 3.5 lbs. It is an all-purpose impact wrench and one of the compact and lightweight with a length from front back of 5.70”. Although it is small in size, the torque is quite good with 130 ft-lbs and a speed of 2700 impacts /minute. The balance of the impact wrench is nice and due to compact size, it can be used in tight areas without any hindrance to its movement. The handle is made of a slip-free material and provides a firm grip to all sizes of hands.
The compact size is Dewalt cordless impact tool’s strong point and other parts of its craftsman include LED lights which help to use the machine in darker areas. The Dewalt DCF883M2 comes with XR Li-Ion battery supported by a fuel-gauge. The 20V batteries run for longer times as compared to standard batteries.
The drive size is ½” and this cordless impact tool can be used on wood or metal for fastening and removing nuts and is regarded a suitable cordless impact wrench for the automotive industry. The Dewalt DCF883M2 is a complete kit and includes an impact wrench, 20Volt XR premium batteries, Battery charger and a robust toolbox.
- Frameless motor for extended tool durability and life
- Compact size and weight allow access into tighter areas and reduces user fatigue
- 1,740 in-lbs of torque to perform a wide range of fastening applications
- 0-2,400 rpm/0-2,700 ipm for faster application speed. Battery Type- Lithium Ion
- Replaceable brushes for increased serviceability; Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides maximum comfort
The Dewalt Bare Tool Wrench is a cordless wrench which requires no electricity to work. It is convenient and handy and lasts long. It comes with a frameless motor that extends the life of this wrench. The compact size makes it easy to fit into any toolbox with ease. Do not get fooled by the small size, it is a powerful tool that delivers 1,740-inch pounds of torque and helps fasten difficult tasks. This is the ideal wrench that will help you fix up your home and carry out small and big tasks around the house without any professional help.
This wrench weighs just 2.2 pounds and measures 5-3/4 inches. The Dewalt bare tool wrench is user-friendly and you don’t need to be a professional handyman to operate this device. It comes with an anti-slip grip that makes it easy to control the task in hand.
Unlike other wrenches that need an electric cord or batteries to function, the Dewalt bare tool wrench is a chargeable device that will be ready to work with 15 minutes of charging before it’s used. The battery and charger are sold separately; you can always get these online. The wrench comes with a 3-year warranty which also covers a defective unit. Dewalt ensures a warranty of one-year free service contract under which you can get a defective part replaced for free.
This is one of the most popular cordless wrenches that people today are investing in. it works very efficiently and although it is a small device, it helps to perform heavy duty tasks with ease.
- M18 FUEL 1/2" Drill/Driver
- M18 FUEL 1/4" Hex Impact Driver
- Both tools can be wirelessly connected to a smart phone to provide unlimited customization and control of the tool’s performance.
- Includes: (2) M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Pack and (1) M18 & M12 Multi-Voltage Charger
- Also includes: (2) Belt Clips, (2) Bit Holders, (1) Carrying Case and (1) Side Handle
The Milwaukee cordless wrench is an 18-volt wrench that is ideal to carry out all those tasks at home that were earlier required by a handyman. It’s a small and compact device that can easily fit into any small toolbox. Although this is a small machine it is powerful and manages to work well on the toughest of the tasks you have. The Milwaukee cordless wrench helps to fasten or loosen nuts and bolts of various sizes with ease. The major downside to this wrench is that the battery pack is sold separately.
The ergonomic design is easy to hold on to for a long duration without stressing your muscles. It comes in a bright red color which looks attractive as well as easily locatable in a myriad of other tools in your toolbox. This impact wrench is also one of the most affordable. The Milwaukee wrench is a popular tool that most handymen swear by for its durability and efficiency.
A cordless impact wrench is a great investment, for your job, business or DIY projects. With a plethora of brands and models available in the market it is extremely difficult to pick a cordless impact wrench for your purpose. This guide is intended to educate you to take a wise decision on picking up a best cordless impact wrench tool that is a great value for your money and suits your needs. I have shortlisted some of the top cordless impact wrenches based on customers’ reviews and ratings and also defined key parameters to consider while buying a good cordless impact tool. I am confident that this guide will help both professionals as well as hobbyists.