A Cordless Impact Wrench is not a revolution but an evolution, to say in the field of power tools. The impact wrench has been found to be a great utility tool in the field of the automobile industry, construction sites, maintenance of machines, service industry and many home DIY or repair chores. Fastening or removing of nuts and bolts with conventional tools is not only time-consuming and sometimes awkward but may cause injury to the persons on the job. This problem is faced by hobbyists and professionals worldwide along with many other operational issues.
Impact tools have made fastening or refitting jobs simple and time-saving. With powerful impact tools, you can apply adequate force, as per the demand of job since you can adjust the torque on the wrench itself. The impact wrench can reach the confined places which are otherwise hard to reach manually, thus saving a lot of time and effort.
An impact wrench works on the principle of torque or force. The power supply drives the motor which rotates the hammer and provides necessary torque spike to the output shaft for fastening or loosening the nut/bolt. The power supplied to the motor can be from various sources like air, a battery or electricity.
Impact wrenches come in two varieties: corded (either via electricity or air) or cordless (powered by a battery).
Both wired and cordless wrenches have their own advantages depending upon the applications and situations. Wired or pneumatic wrenches can be used only in particular locations where you already have a setup air compressors and all the associated wiring. But if you want to use the wrench in different locations, say in a garage or parking area, you can have the convenience and control in your hands powered by battery packs.
Other benefits of cordless impact wrenches are:
- Much quieter than another type of wrenches.
- Capable of driving and fastening jobs at any time and at any place.
- Users are able to save a lot of time as they can complete the jobs in lesser time due to high torque speed of impact wrenches.
- Easy to operate. Both professionals and amateurs can use cordless impact wrenches with ease.
- Cordless wrenches can be used in places which are difficult to reach by other wired wrenches.
- Cordless Impact Wrenches are often more affordable than Wired Impact Wrenches
- 1/2 inch cordless impact wrench has up to 700 ft-lbs of max torque and 1200 ft-lbs of max breakaway torque
- DEWALT 1/2 inch impact wrench has a compact design of 8-13/16-inch length and weighs only 6.0 lbs
- Multi-speed control of the battery-powered impact wrench is made for a variety of applications (0-400/ 1,200/ 1,900 RPM)
- Heavy Duty 1/2-inch Anvil with detent pin
- LED light with 20 second delay for increased visibility
- Heavy duty powerful motor produces 300 ft. /lb. Max torque, with a no-load speed of 0 to 3000 RPM and impact frequency of 0 to 3500 BPM to deliver high performance on tough sockets, bolts, and lug nuts
- Have total control over the torque delivery of the impact wrench with the variable speed trigger and easily accessible forward and reverse switch at the side of the head
- Ergonomic gun body features a belt hook at the base for easy carrying, A rubber surface handle for excellent grip, and a rubberized boot at the helm of the square drive for protection and durability
- Don't worry about cords; The impact wrench is battery powered and features an energy indicator light that displays if the battery is at 100%, 75%, 50%, or 25%
- The Neiko impact wrench comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion 20V 4. 0 Ah battery, a 2. 4A ETL approved fast Charger, 4 square drive to socket adapters (17 mm, 3/4-inch, 21mm, 7/8-inch) and a sturdy storage case to keep organized and portable
- Compact (5.70-inch front to back), lightweight (3.4 lbs) design of 1/2 inch cordless impact wrench fits into tight areas
- Three (3) LEDs with 20 second delay after trigger release of DEWALT 1/2 inch impact wrench provide visibility without shadows
- Battery impact wrench comes with a hog ring anvil to easily change sockets
- Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides comfort and control
- XR batteries with fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- 400-Feet Pound of maximum torque to perform a wide range of heavy-duty fastening applications
- Ergonomic handle provides user superior comfort and control
- Variable speed trigger with electric brake provides user improved control
- Durable magnesium gear case and all metal transmission for extended durability
- Bare tool, batteries and charger sold separately
- 1/2in. Cordless impact wrench
- Hog ring anvil for easy socket changes
- Max 350 ft Lbs. Torque and 2, 500 ipms for removing larger fasteners quickly
- Max 1, 700 RPMs with variable speed trigger for added control
- Led light improves visibility in dark work areas
- 1/2 inch cordless impact wrench performs a wide range of heacy-duty fastening applications with 400 ft-lbs of maximum torque
- DEWALT 1/2 inch impact wrench has 33% more capacity over standard battery packs with XR Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge
- Improved control on the jobsite with variable speed trigger and electric brake of the battery-powered impact wrench
- Visibility and elimination of shadows when working in dark environments with LED light
- Extended durability with magnesium gear case and all metal transmission
- Provides maximum productivity by removing stubborn and high torque fasteners up to 2X faster than the competition
- Most compact cordless High Torque Impact Wrench in its class at 8.39" in length
- Industry leading 4-mode drive control with bolt removal mode, allowing for ultimate control.
- REDLINK PLUS intelligence prevents damage to the tool and battery due to overloading or overheating
- REDLITHIUM batteries deliver more work per charge and more work over the life of the battery
- Premium XR 2-kit includes a DCF894 1/2 in. Mid-Range Impact Wrench and DCF890 3/8 in. Compact Impact Wrench
- DCF894: Up to 330 ft-lbs max of fastening torque and 600 ft-lbs of break away torque at only 3.48lbs
- DCF894: Compact and lightweight design for comfort when working in tight spaces
- DCF894: Prevent over-tightening and run-off with Precision Wrench Control
- DCF890: Compact and ergonomic with only 5.5" head length and 2 lbs (tool only)
- Powerful motor produces 260 feet pounds of torque for heavy applications
- Maximum of 1,650 rpm's for driving large fasteners quickly
- 1/2 Inch hog ring for quick and easy socket changes
- Full variable speed trigger for precision control
- Pro grade lithium battery for maximum performance
- DCF902 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8-inch Cordless Impact Wrench has 30% more torque**
- DCF902 12V MAX* Brushless 3/8-inch Cordless Impact Wrench is 30% shorter**
- Brushless motor for maximum runtime and durability of the battery impact wrench
- 3/8-inch square drive
- 3 mode settings including Precision Wrenchtrade; for control in a variety of applications
Factors to consider when picking a Cordless Impact Wrench
You’re not going to buy a new impact wrench very often (knock on wood). In fact, if you buy wisely, an impact wrench may last you a lifetime.
We have compiled a list of parameters to consider to help you in buying the cordless Impact wrench for home or work. These tips have been created after a thorough research on latest impact tools available in the market and are guidelines to make a final decision in picking a good impact wrench.
Torque is the force that causes the rotation. The higher the torque, the higher the rotation speed of the output shaft and less time will be consumed to finish the job. Always look for an impact wrench with higher torque ratings and a torque adjustment control since some jobs might need lesser torque speed than others.
The motor is the heart of any impact wrench. The impact wrenches come with either brush-DC motors or brushless DC motors. The BLDC (brushless DC) motors are more versatile and have a longer work life. Although they are costlier as compared to brush motors, they are more accurate, lightweight, low maintenance, low noise, and high speed.
Most impact wrenches weigh around 6-8 lbs. This may not sound like a lot but can start to feel like a LOT after some time. So always check the weight while shortlisting any impact wrench. Lighter will almost always be more comfortable to use but often comes at the expense of a smaller motor.
Design and Handling
Comfortable handling of a impact wrench is an important feature to look for. Have a close look at the handle grip, the material of grip and (if possible) try holding the wrench to check the grip and comfort. A good grip will give better control.
Cordless impact wrenches are available in various drive sizes. Depending on your job requirements, you can pick from ½”, ¼”, ¾”, 3/8” drive sizes. And remember, smaller the size, lower will be torque.
Different companies offer a different warranty on their tools. The number of years covered under warranty can be 1, 2 or 3 years. More recognized brand names also typically offer more hassle-free warranties opposed to smaller brands.
Best Cordless Impact Wrenches 2019 Reviews
- Superior performance: Delivers up to 700 ft-lbs of maximum fastening torque, up to 1,100 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque and up to 2X more runtime
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: Outpowers competitors yet runs cooler with no wearable components
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: allows the operator to choose between 2 fastening modes with Milwaukees proprietary DRIVE CONTROL feature.
- REDLITHIUM XC 4.0 Battery Pack: Provides superior pack construction, electronics and performance to deliver 2X more runtime
- 1/2 Inch Anvil with friction ring for fast, easy socket changes
This ½” battery powered impact wrench from Milwaukee is a capable impact wrench both in robustness and precision in quality. It is capable of delivering a maximum torque of 100ft-lbs and 700ft-lbs in different selectable modes, which is outstanding. The Milwaukee impact wrench is ergonomically designed and provides perfect handling comfort to work for longer durations without any fatigue to arm or hand.
This powerful impact wrench is manufactured by Milwaukee which is industry-leader in manufacturing heavy duty power tools and hand tools since 1924. Milwaukee Impact wrench runs on Lithium-ion batteries which have around 40% more power than Ni-Cd batteries. Milwaukee’s engineering team, right from the designing part to final delivery has always taken care of customer’s feedback about the product. This has led the Milwaukee to deliver the best impact wrenches which are crafted according to customers’ needs.
The customers’ feedback about the tool is positive with no glaring defects found in this cordless wrench. Designed in red color, the tool comes nicely out of the packing with pleasing looks and ready to fasten or remove those stubborn rusty nuts. The Milwaukee cordless impact wrench is a clear leader in terms of features and price.
The impact wrench comes with a dependable 5-year warranty. With the toughness of tool and quality of its motor, this impact wrench is capable of avoiding wear and tear for years. The Cordless impact wrench 2763-22 M18 is reliable, durable and stature to find itself on the top of the list and is a fine pick in any professional’s toolkit.
- Compact (5.70-inch front to back), lightweight (3.4 lbs) design of the cordless impact wrench fits into tight areas
- XR batteries with fuel gauge of the 3/8-inch cordless impact wrench provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- Three (3) LEDs with 20 second delay after trigger release of the battery impact wrench provides visibility without shadows
- Hog ring anvil to easily change sockets
- Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides comfort and control
This impact wrench is KIGHT. The Dewalt SCF883M2 has a weight of just 3.5 lbs. It is an all-purpose impact wrench and one of the compact and lightweight with a length from front back of 5.70”. Although it is small in size, the torque is quite good with 130 ft-lbs and a speed of 2700 impacts /minute. The balance of the impact wrench is nice and due to compact size, it can be used in tight areas without any hindrance to its movement. The handle is made of a slip-free material and provides a firm grip to all sizes of hands.
The compact size is Dewalt cordless impact tool’s strong point and other parts of its craftsman include LED lights which help to use the machine in darker areas. The Dewalt DCF883M2 comes with XR Li-Ion battery supported by a fuel-gauge. The 20V batteries run for longer times as compared to standard batteries.
The drive size is ½” and this cordless impact tool can be used on wood or metal for fastening and removing nuts and is regarded a suitable cordless impact wrench for the automotive industry. The Dewalt DCF883M2 is a complete kit and includes an impact wrench, 20Volt XR premium batteries, Battery charger and a robust toolbox.
- Frameless motor for extended tool durability and life
- Compact size and weight allow access into tighter areas and reduces user fatigue
- 1,740 in-lbs of torque to perform a wide range of fastening applications
- 0-2,400 rpm/0-2,700 ipm for faster application speed. Battery Type- Lithium Ion
- Replaceable brushes for increased serviceability; Textured anti-slip comfort grip provides maximum comfort
The Dewalt Bare Tool Wrench is a cordless wrench which requires no electricity to work. It is convenient and handy and lasts long. It comes with a frameless motor that extends the life of this wrench. The compact size makes it easy to fit into any toolbox with ease. Do not get fooled by the small size, it is a powerful tool that delivers 1,740-inch pounds of torque and helps fasten difficult tasks. This is the ideal wrench that will help you fix up your home and carry out small and big tasks around the house without any professional help.
This wrench weighs just 2.2 pounds and measures 5-3/4 inches. The Dewalt bare tool wrench is user-friendly and you don’t need to be a professional handyman to operate this device. It comes with an anti-slip grip that makes it easy to control the task in hand.
Unlike other wrenches that need an electric cord or batteries to function, the Dewalt bare tool wrench is a chargeable device that will be ready to work with 15 minutes of charging before it’s used. The battery and charger are sold separately; you can always get these online. The wrench comes with a 3-year warranty which also covers a defective unit. Dewalt ensures a warranty of one-year free service contract under which you can get a defective part replaced for free.
This is one of the most popular cordless wrenches that people today are investing in. it works very efficiently and although it is a small device, it helps to perform heavy duty tasks with ease.
- M18 FUEL 1/2" Drill/Driver
- M18 FUEL 1/4" Hex Impact Driver
- Both tools can be wirelessly connected to a smart phone to provide unlimited customization and control of the tool’s performance.
- Includes: (2) M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Extended Capacity Battery Pack and (1) M18 & M12 Multi-Voltage Charger
- Also includes: (2) Belt Clips, (2) Bit Holders, (1) Carrying Case and (1) Side Handle
The Milwaukee cordless wrench is an 18-volt wrench that is ideal to carry out all those tasks at home that were earlier required by a handyman. It’s a small and compact device that can easily fit into any small toolbox. Although this is a small machine it is powerful and manages to work well on the toughest of the tasks you have. The Milwaukee cordless wrench helps to fasten or loosen nuts and bolts of various sizes with ease. The major downside to this wrench is that the battery pack is sold separately.
The ergonomic design is easy to hold on to for a long duration without stressing your muscles. It comes in a bright red color which looks attractive as well as easily locatable in a myriad of other tools in your toolbox. This impact wrench is also one of the most affordable. The Milwaukee wrench is a popular tool that most handymen swear by for its durability and efficiency.
A cordless impact wrench is a great investment, for your job, business or DIY projects. With a plethora of brands and models available in the market it is extremely difficult to pick a cordless impact wrench for your purpose. This guide is intended to educate you to take a wise decision on picking up a best cordless impact wrench tool that is a great value for your money and suits your needs. I have shortlisted some of the top cordless impact wrenches based on customers’ reviews and ratings and also defined key parameters to consider while buying a good cordless impact tool. I am confident that this guide will help both professionals as well as hobbyists.