Traditional hand drills are being replaced by impact drills in recent times. The credit of this sudden development and trend of impact drivers goes to its high torque, easy handling, and great power. The impact drivers, unlike conventional drills, do not kick back while using with the rebounding torque. The popularity of these lightweight yet powerful impact drivers has inspired more power-tool manufacturers to come up with new and better models of impact drivers.
The impact drivers can be driven by different power options. They can be air-powered, electric-wired or electric-cordless. The selection of input power depends solely on the application type; the impact drivers are put to. The impact drivers are heavy duty and versatile as far as their purpose is considered. The impact drivers are used by
- Home-users/DIYs. The DIY diehards can use the impact drivers for various drilling jobs at home. The students find them useful for making school projects. Since the impact drivers are lightweight and compact, they can be used in limited spaces with ease typical to homes.
- In factories, there are different kinds of tool-room jobs. The jobs range from drilling holes in different surfaces to fastening and removing rusty nuts. All these jobs can be performed by impact drivers by applying needed settings on the tool.
- The vehicle owners find impact tools useful in removing lug nuts and bolts from tires and they can use the impact driver in doing some engine or mechanical work.
- Instant impact force loosens rusted or frozen screws without damaging them
- Forward and reverse drive direction
- Drives included screwdriver bits or any 3/8 in. drive impact socket
- Comfortable handle with non-slip knurled grip
- Frees corroded brake caliper screws and other vehicle or outdoor fasteners exposed to the elements
- Impact Driver Rated Socket Adaptors - 3-pc Set
- DW2541IR - 1/4" Hex Shank to 1/4" Drive
- DW2542IR - 1/4" Hex Shank to 3/8" Drive
- DW2547IR - 1/4" Hex Shank to 1/2" Drive
- SET INCLUDES: This set includes one 3/8-inch impact driver, one 3/8-inch drive bit chuck, two Flat Bits (5/16- and 3/8-inch), two Phillips (#2 and #3), and one storage case. The impact driver has corrosion-resistant chrome plated finish with non-slip knurled grip, and the bits have precision-milled tips for exact fit.
- HOW IT WORKS: When you strike the top of the tool with a hammer, the drive tang is turned 20° in the direction you have set the tool. You can use this driver with impact sockets and on nuts, bolts, and other fasteners. If you need additional or replacement bits, try picking up an ARES 70013 Impact Bit Set.
- COMMON APPLICATIONS: Instant impact force loosens rusted or frozen screws without damaging them, so you can save yourself the hassle of having to drill and tap stubborn fasteners, whether you're working on a brake job or changing a rotor.
- RELIABLE | EFFECTIVE | EFFICIENT: Users trust ARES to be quality tools. You are backed by our Performance Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you have any issues with your ARES Manual Reversible Impact Driver, simply contact customer service for troubleshooting help, parts, replacement, or refund.
- ASPCA BUSINESS AMBASSADOR: We are proud to be part of the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. If you have a pet, you realize they are more than a pet, they are part of the family. With your support, we're proud to help this great organization
- DEWALT built brushless motor, Compact, lightweight design for tight spaces
- Variable-speed trigger, no load speed 0 to 1000, 2800, 3250
- 3-speed settings for versatility with Precision Drive for added control
- (3) LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release
- No Battery Or Charger Included
- BL Brushless motor delivers 1, 500 in.Lbs. Of max torque
- Variable speed (0-3, 400 RPM & 0-3, 600 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
Benefits of using an Impact Driver
The impact tools have got an overwhelming response from customers of various genres. Some of the major highlights of impact drivers are as follows.
- There is always a question about whether to go for a hammer-drill or impact driver. An impact drivers have much higher rotational torque than hammer drills. The impact drivers can be used for heavy duty jobs like deck fitting, woodwork jobs in commercial areas, art sets etc. Moreover, the speed and accuracy is high in impact drivers.
- The impact drivers require less force to turn them on or off and can get a good amount of torque even after applying less force.
- The conventional drill types had irritable clutch adjustments whereas the impact drivers come with the clutch-free
- The impact drivers can be used at night or at the places where the light is dim since the impact drivers are equipped LEDs.
- The impact drivers are durable and long lasting. The worn-out parts can be easily replaced to let a user use the impact drivers for longer periods of time.
- These flexible impact drivers can be used without the complexity of wires involved in powering them since the impact drivers are available in cordless models operated on batteries.
Features to consider while buying a Top Rated Best Impact Driver
It is utmost important to know the jobs to carry with the power tools you are going to buy. The compact tools are available from various brands and numerous variants of the impact drivers available in market today. Some are small and compact while some are heavy duty or a wider functionality with multiple speed settings. There are certain key features that are common to every type of impact tools which you have to consider while deciding on the impact driver.
The higher torque is the plus point of any impact driver. The torque or the rotational force is measured inch-pounds. If you want to use impact drivers for smaller jobs, you can buy the impact tools with 500 to 700 in-pounds torque and for heavy-duty jobs, the impact drivers with anything around 1000-1500 in-ponds torque will solve the purpose.
If your volume of work is high and it involves some repetitive task, then it is always a good idea to go for high RPM (rotations per minute). More RPM means more drilling speed and you can finish the specified job in lesser time.
The power supplied to impact drivers can either be through utility electricity with electrical wires or by rechargeable batteries. The battery-operated impact drivers offer you freedom of mobility and are suitable for most of the home related jobs. Higher the voltage, more powerful will impact drivers be and in turn heavier.
The size and the weight of impact drivers matters a lot when operating these power tools. Before buying, try to hold the impact drivers in one hand and check the balance. The ease of handling is an important factor to consider before picking out one for you. Check the grip of the handle, it should be non-slippery and comfortable to enable you to work for longer durations of work.
The cordless impact drivers can be powered by either regular batteries or much powerful Li-Ion Batteries. Li-Ion batteries are costlier than regular ones so if you want to perform regular household jobs you can buy standard battery type but for professional use, it is recommended to use Li-Ion batteries.
Check the impact drivers for forward as well as the reverse switch. The reverse rotation will help in removing screws and moving the shaft in both directions is a good preventive maintenance technique to avoid bottlenecks.
There are areas where the light is dim or your own shadow restricts proper lighting on the target area. The impact drivers with LED lights are a good option to look for in this scenario.
Reviews of best impact drivers
- Designed to fit into tight spaces
- Anti-slip comfort grip
- This product is made of high quality material
- Battery & Charger Sold Separately
- Tool only with no battery, frameless motor for extended tool durability and life
This heavy duty impact driver is manufactured by Dewalt, industry leaders in impact tools for many years who do not compromise on the quality of its products. Dewalt Bare-tool DC825B is a heavy duty yet light in weight to enable you to hold with one hand for long hours. The impact tool is the cordless type which enables you to move it to different work locations with ease. The high charging voltage of 18V ensures that the impact tool works uninterrupted without charging it frequently.
Various fastening jobs can be completed precisely and quickly due to high torque of 1330 in-bounds and with rpm as high as 2700. The body of Bare-tool DC825B is tough and can be used in any kind of weather. The handle is made from high-quality anti-slip material which makes this impact driver, comfortable to use. The weight of this power tool is evenly distributed throughout the body to make it one of the highly balanced impact tool in its class.
The best part of Dewalt Bare-tool DC825B is that the brushes used in the tool are replaceable which ensures the longer life of the tool. The impact driver is manufactured with the latest technology using a heavy-duty mechanical system that protects the tool operator from kickbacks. The gear case of Dewalt DC825B is made from magnesium which further enhances its durability.
The cordless DC825B impact tool comes with 90-days money back guarantee and 3 years limited warranty which is a testament to the reliability and long-life of this high power tool.
- Compact, lightweight design fits into tight areas
- 3 LED Lights provide visibility without shadows
- One-handed loading 1/4" hex chuck accepts 1" bit tips
- 79 ft-lbs max torque
- Three-year limited warranty; one-year free service contract
The Dewalt SCK211S2 12-Volt Drill/Driver & Impact Driver Combo kit is a powerful toolkit designed for convenience. The product is ergonomically designed and easy to use especially in tight spaces. The even weight distribution of the drill/driver makes it easy to lift and maneuver. The compact design also provides maximum power in corners and small spaces. The drill/driver delivers 189-unit-watt output and comes with a two-speed gearbox and a 15-position clutch. The impact driver is powerful for its size and its 12-Volt output offers the power of up to 79 foot-pounds of torque. This driver can be loaded with one hand as well. This makes is very convenient to use.
The drill/driver is designed to secure maximum penetration without damaging screw heads. You can spend longer hours to complete your work without having to worry about the drill/driver breaking down. The drill/driver also comes with LED mounted barrel to light up the target in dark spaces. The impact driver delivers over 3,000 impacts every minute. The driver also comes with a built-in clip for the belt making it easier to carry around. The entire kit comes with two battery packs. The time to recharge each pack is anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. A single charge runs for many days. This means that you do not have to worry about recharging this pack when you start your work. The box also contains a drill driver, an impact driver, two 12-volt lithium-ion battery packs, two belt clips, bag, and a charger.
- Variable speed (0-2,300 RPM & 0-3,200 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- Compact design at only 5-7/16" long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Convenient one-touch 1/4" hex chuck for quick bit changes
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 1,420 in. lbs. of Max Torque
With only 16” length and a total weight of 3.3 pounds with including a battery, this is one of the smallest drivers in the list of compact drivers. Although it is compact in size, this XDT042 Bare-Tool creates an amazing torque of 1420 In-Pounds. The Makita XDT042 cordless Impact Driver is comfortable to handle due to non-slip rubberized grip. The user can use this lightweight impact driver for a long durations of work, without any fatigue. The LED on the front makes the job easier by providing a clear view of the target surface.
The engineering team at Makita has crafted this robust power tool by using high-quality steel and state-of-the-art process technology is used to produce high driving power. The 4-pole motor used in XDT042 Impact driver delivers enough fastening power which is of industrial grade. The Makita cordless impact driver can be used for a wide number of applications and speed(RPM) can be changed according to the needs of the job.
Makita XDT042 comes under star protect control which enhances the performance of tool with computer monitoring of overheating and overloading in real time. Makita cordless impact tool boasts of LXT Lithium-Ion batteries with high charge times which enables the operators to use the impact driver for longer durations.
Makita XDT042 has got 5-star ratings from more than 80% of the satisfied users on Amazon. The encouraging comments from customers have enabled this versatile impact driver on the top of the list of power tools category.
- Delivers up to 1,200 in-lbs of peak torque with maximum sustained torque
- Battery performance delivers more work per charge
- Two fastening modes provide variable power and speed for precision work and heavy duty applications
- 2453-20 M12 FUELTM 1/4" Hex Impact Driver and 48-59-2401 12 Volt M12 Charger
- Includes 2 2.0 Compact Battery Pack (48-11-2420)
The Milwaukee 2453-22 M12 Fuel 1/4 Hex Impact Driver delivers substantial power for a driver this size. The 12 Volt output produces the power of up to 1,200 lbs of torque. The inbuilt lithium ion twin batteries deliver a lot of performance with minimal charge. The driver comes with two fastening modes that help in providing variable power and speed. This makes this driver highly precise to work on heavy duty jobs. The weight of the product is heavy and can be difficult to operate. However, considering the battery technology and overall size, the weight is proportionate.
The Milwaukee driver fits comfortably in the hand and feels lighter when in motion. The amazing plus side to this impact driver is the lesser time it takes to charge the batteries and the output when fully charged. This battery powered impact driver comes with an inbuilt lithium ion twin battery that makes it a lot more efficient. With approximately thirty minutes needed to charge the two batteries completely, this impact driver can go days without needing a recharge. To summarize, this product is dependable, strong, versatile, portable, and reliable.
The proportionate weight, size, and ergonomics of this impact driver are what make it unique and special. After using the Milwaukee 2453-22 M12 Fuel 1/4 Hex Impact Driver, you will never go back to a regular drill ever again. The Milwaukee 2453-22 M12 Fuel 1/4 Hex Impact Driver comes in a bright red color that makes it easy to locate among other tools of your toolkit.
Having a best impact driver in your toolkit is surely going to make your tooling jobs easier. Whether the job is small or is a heavy duty one, the rightly picked impact driver will get your job done.
You have to consider various features like torque, motor or warranty offered on impact tools but the major aspect of buying any power tool is the purpose or the exact use of impact tool. Once you have the answer to this vital question, you can follow our guiding points to pick your required impact tool.
- Drive Size
- Torque Power