Impact Wrenches are known to be the best power tools for loosening or removing nuts and bolts that get rusted and hardened over time. The use of right impact wrench saves a lot of time and makes the work easily done in confined spaces. The impact wrenches can be powered by different sources like air, electricity or battery.
Pneumatic impact wrenches need an air compressor to run it and need high initial investment before you start using it. Electric impact wrenches, on the other hand, do not require any pre-investment and works on electric power(corded) available in our homes or can be operated by batteries. (cordless)
Electric Impact wrenches are simple to use and provide high torque necessary to do fastening or loosening jobs on nuts. The electric impact wrench consists of a motor that is connected to hammer. The hammer drives the anvil that produces enough force and vibration on the nut/bolt to loosen it.
Although the impact wrenches are quite handy when it comes to doing the job at a fast pace, any wrong choice of impact wrench can delay your work, damage the tool or the target work piece and may cause an injury to you. There are certain vital features which should be considered before buying the best electric impact wrench.
- 7.5 amp motor for heavy duty applications
- 450 ft.lbs of torque
- 2, 200 RPM & 2, 700 BPM for speed
- 1/2" hog ring anvil for easy socket changes
- Forward/ reverse rocker switch
- High power 8.5 amp motor delivers 1050 ft lbs. bolt breakaway torque to power off the most stubborn fasteners, rated 2600 RPM speed & 2700 IPM impact rate;
- 1/2 in. anvil with heavy duty hog ring for secure socket retention (Note: Tool only, sockets not included, please choose high quality sockets for your heavy duty wrench);
- All-metal gear construction for longer life and durability, and a high impact housing give this electric impact wrench the strength to stand up to heavy shop abuse;
- Easy one-handed forward/reverse switch, and rubberized grip for added comfort and reduced fatigue;
- Rugged rubber nose with lightweight high impact housing, 9.9ft. long length power cord for most applications;
- 400-Feet Pound of maximum torque to perform a wide range of heavy-duty fastening applications
- Ergonomic handle provides user superior comfort and control
- Variable speed trigger with electric brake provides user improved control
- Durable magnesium gear case and all metal transmission for extended durability
- Bare tool, batteries and charger sold separately
- MORE POWERFUL,MORE STURDY,MORE PORTABLE: High power 2.4 amp motor delivers 500N.M/ 360ft lbs. bolt breakaway torque to power off the most stubborn fasteners, rated 4800 RPM speed; Built with durable aluminum casing, more refinement and sturdy.
- EFFICIENT: This 120 volt impact wrench with powerful torque, High-impact rotate, can loosen/ tighten each Lug Nut in 3-5 seconds.
- USER-FRIENDLY: Easy one-handed forward/reverse switch, and rubberized grip for added comfort and reduced fatigue;1/2 in. strong square drive with steel ball for secure socket retention.
- FEATURES INCLUDE: 7ft. long length power cord for most applications , 2 double socket wrenches:1/16- 3/4",13/16-7/8"(17/19mm,21/23mm).
- CONVENIENT: The design of the corded impact wrench is succinct with compact and organized storage box, convenient to carry and keep.
- This impact wrench set is ideal for effortless sleeve nut driving and sleeve nut removal.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Lightweight tools designed to fit the users' needs, Soft grip handle for added comfort and total control without heavy fatigue while using
- Powered by the 20 voltage, 3.0AH Lithium-ion battery for strong and steady power and endurable run time, which is supplied with the battery charger, simple and convenient to charge
- LED Lights for providing increased visibility in dark or confined spaces to work
- Compact tool design and 260N.M (190 ft-lb) of torque makes even challenging jobs easier.
Factors to be considered for buying a Good Electric Impact Wrench
Socket Size and Design
The electric impact wrenches are primarily available in either pistol-shaped or inline. The inline impact wrench looks like a screwdriver. The handle grip is in line with the motor and the socket. The pistol type is shaped like a gun with the handle positioned 90 degrees to the motor assembly. The inline electric wrench is more useful to work in tight spaces whereas plus point of pistol shaped electric wrench is its comfortable handling since the grip is agronomical and cause less fatigue to hands.
Both pistol and inline wrenches come with different options of socket sizes to hold nuts or bolts. The pistol shaped wrench supports socket sizes of 1”, ½”, ¼”, ¾” and 3/8” while inline electric wrench supports only 1/4”, 3/8” and 1” (only T-shaped inline wrench).
Among all the features, torque is one of the important aspects to look for while choosing your favorite impact wrench. Higher the torque rating, more powerful the impact wrench is. If you are not a professional mechanic, it is better to find an electric impact wrench with torque selection since you can apply as much torque as required and prevent any damage to bolts while fastening.
Durability and comfort
The durability and life of a Top cordless impact wrench depends on many factors. The gear housing should be strong, preferably a metallic body. The outer body should be robust and some brands do provide rubberized protection to prevent damage from accidental fall. Another part to look for is the motor. The motor should have a higher rating if you intend to do some heavy fastening work but high motor rating will also increase the overall weight of the impact wrench. The impact wrenches with brushless motors are maintenance-free since the chances of wear and tear due to moving parts is less.
Impacts per minute
The rusty and stubborn nuts can be easily loosened if the number of impacts made by hammer on the anvil is higher. The higher impacts per minute increase the driving power of impact wrench whether you are fastening or loosening nut/bolts.
Speed Vs. Torque
Before finalizing any impact wrench you can go for a dry run without any load. You can check the speed of rotation but remember if the speed is higher, you might get lesser torque. It is up to you to decide whether you need more power or more speed.
Different companies offer diverse warranties on impact wrenches. Some brands offer 1 year or 2-year warranties while others may offer a lifetime warranty. You can also enquire about return back policy if any.
Reviews of the Best Electric Impact Wrenches
- Power - 1100 ft-lb nut-busting torque from a tool weighing just 6.8 lb - best power to weight ratio in its class
- Durability- High-efficiency rare earth magnet motor, high-capacity variable speed trigger, all-metal drive train, and metal-reinforced housing enable this tool to stand up to the toughest jobs
- Comfort - Optimized balance combined with an ergonomic handle and soft touch over-molded grip provide increased comfort in extended use
- Long life 20V lithium-ion battery delivers high-charge capacity and low internal impedance for maximum power delivery and run time. Intelligent battery management system (BMS)- provides power-level and current control from the battery to the switch to the motor for optimum efficiency
W7150 impact wrench from Ingersoll-Rand is a well-known power tool among professional mechanics as well as hobbyists. W7150-k2 impact wrench boasts of high forward-driving torque of 1100 ft-lb and maximum reverse torque of 780 ft-lb. This high torque is a surprise from an impact wrench that works on battery. This cordless electric impact wrench is light in weight since it weighs 6.8 pounds only. Due to its compactness, it is easy to carry from one place to other and can work in confined places where others fail.
The handle is designed to provide maximum comfort to your hands to let you work tirelessly for long hours. The little grooves on the molded grip offer the necessary friction to prevent any kind of slippage. The casing is made from aluminum to make it a light weight and the steel lining provides the strength to the body and enhances the overall durability of the Ingersoll W7150-K2 wrench.
Although the impact wrench is slightly priced on the higher side but the features like 2300 impacts per minute and rpm of 1900 gives it a respectable place in the list of top ,electric impact wrench category. This cordless impact tool works on 20 Volts and the power is supplied by high-quality Lithium-Ion batteries known for long life and long-time charge retaining capacity.
The carrying case is attractive and robust. The W7150-K2 electric impact wrench from Ingersoll comes with a whopping 3- year warranty. This power tool is highly recommended for automotive shops and professionals.
- The product is highly durable
- The product is easy to use
- Manufactured in China
- 345 ft-lbs of deliverable torque in forward and reverse
- 1/2-inch detent pin anvil
This 11.25 Inches long impact wrench weighs only 7 pounds, making it one of the sleek and light electric wrench ready to be a major part of your toolkit. This versatile corded impact tool has the capacity to work on a variety of applications, be it a quick fastener driving job or loosening a stickiest nut/bolt. The powerful performance is owed to motor with high ratings of 7.5 amperes that allow a maximum torque of 345 ft-lb.
Dewalt DW292 electric impact wrench comes with detent Pin that is known to hold sockets better than friction rings. With rpm of 2100 and 2700 impacts per minute, this electric impact wrench does the job fast and with great stability and balance. The ball-bearing assembly provides maintenance-free operation for many years without any wear and tear.
The agronomical design and soft handle grip combined with light weight ensure highest comfort level while you use it for longer durations of time or perform any repetitive tasks. A rocker switch on the handle is provided to switch from forward to reverse position and the trigger can be used to switch back to forward position.
This hassle-free electric impact wrench from Dewalt comes with 3-year warranty, 1-year free service and 90-days full-money back contract. Reasonably priced, the Dewalt DW292 has got a high rating of 4.2 out of 5.0 and remains on the top of the list of corded electric impact wrenches.
- Perfect for roadside emergencies - plugs into 12V DC socket
- 11 foot long power cord
- 190 ft-lbs of maximum torque
- Includes a pair of 2 sided sockets with 11/16, 3/4, 13/16 and 7/8" ends
- Includes carry case for easy storage in your vehicle
Kawasaki has surprised the world by launching smart roadside electric impact wrench with state-of-the-art features. This compact light weight impact wrench works on 12 Volt DC power, which is available in vehicles. Kawasaki, known to manufacture sports bikes has induced sports touch in its 841337 impact wrench with a sleek body and sporty looks.
This road-side electric wrench might not be fit for heavy jobs but the torque of 280 ft-lb it produces is abundant for changing tires. After the initial loosening of nuts, the no-load 3600 rpm produces great speed to finish the work in less time. All the emergency road-side vehicular work can be easily carried out by this versatile impact wrench. With the weight of just 6 pounds, it is the lightest impact wrench and is easy to carry without causing any fatigue. The 11-ft length of the chord is perfect to work on any size of hatchback or SUV.
The size and torque of this Kawasaki 12-Volt impact wrench might not look impressive on paper but the performance of this stylish wrench is remarkable. Among the various low-powered electric impact wrenches available in the market, this one has got the distinction of utilizing the power of your vehicle while performing tasks.
The green and black colored sports looks are eye-catching with robust construction. The kit includes a solid carry case and an extra pair of 10A fuses. Riding high on encouraging comments from satisfied customers, this reasonably priced ½-Inch electric impact wrench is highly recommended.
- The product is easy to use
- The product is durable
- The product is manufactured in China
- 300 ft./lbs. of torque - more torque saves time
- Powerful 7.0 amp motor, 600-1800 RPM and 1000-2600 IPM (no load)
This easy to use an electric wrench from Milwaukee has got 4.9-star ratings out of 5.0 on Amazon.com which is a testament to its high performance and durability. With 10 feet quick lock 2-core chord, moving around the house is quite convenient. Storing and transportation of this electric wrench without any damage to the socket is possible with the pin-detent functionality.
This medium powered impact wrench can produce a maximum of 300 ft-pounds of torque and that too in both forward and reverse directions. The motor is rated at 7.0 amperes and is capable of producing a variable speed of 1800 rpm without applying any load. With a maximum of 2600 impacts per minute, this unique 9072-22 impact wrench can be used for driving fasteners at high speed and can loosen the jammed nuts with ease.
The handle is designed with cushioned grip to provide comfort while holding the impact wrench. Comfortably placed on the handle, rocker switch to select forward or reverse direction and the speed dial to select the desired switch adds value to this impact wrench. With the weight of 13.3 pounds, the power to weight ratio is optimum to carry out any fastening or loosening applications with required stability and balance.
The kit includes shock-proof carrying case, 10 feet quick lock wire, impact tool and 6 number of sockets with sizes of ½”, ¾”, 5/8”, 9/16”,11/16” and 13/16 Inches. This excellent tool is worth the money spent and recommended for DIY jobs as well as professional work.
- Powerful 7.5 Amp (850 Watt) motor
- produces an amazing 450 ft/lbs of tightening torque (class leading) to tackle the toughest jobs with ease
- Compact and lightweight
- Double insulated cast aluminum body (IDI- Internal Double Insulation Technology)
- provides strong protection for the motor, greatly increasing durability and extending tool life
Hitachi needs no introduction when it comes to power tools and WR22SA ¾-Inch is one of the top rated electric impact wrenches from Hitachi. This user-friendly impact tool consists of a double insulated body made from aluminum to give it a long lasting scratch-free life. The tool is ideal for all the professional jobs that include automobile, construction, plumbing etc.
This leader in power tools offers high torque of 450 ft-lbs, capable of carrying out any tough job in hand. With the touch of a rocker switch, you can select the direction either in forward or reverse for a particular application. Apart from decent torque, the electric impact wrench is equipped with powerful 850 watts motor ready to produce 1800 no load rpm and 2000 ipm sufficient to carry out heavy duty loosening or fastening jobs.
The armature bearing of this innovative electric impact wrench houses in an aluminum casing that prevent any heat generation due to prolonged usage. The handle of this tool provides soft elastomer grip known to absorb any vibration to provide a smooth operation for longer hours.
The heat resistant bumper and IDI technology are inherent features of this model that make it distinct and unique in the class of electric impact tools. With more than 80% customers have voted 5-star rating and a 5-year warranty, Hitachi offers, WR22Sa electric impact wrench is highly recommended.
Investing on a best electric impact wrench can quite be rewarding if you follow the above guide cautiously. The reviews of top five electric impact wrench will help you pick the right power tool according to your personalized or professional needs.